"I have arrived. I am home. In the here. In the now. I am solid. I am free. In the ultimate I dwell." --Thich Nhat Hanh

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out With The Old, In With The New - A Year in Review





I was contemplating for a while whether or not to write a year in review blog post. After all, it seems like everyone is doing it, so isn't it a cliche? However, considering that this year was a year of many first I figured why not. Let's do this.



For the most part 2013 has been good to me. It has been a year of major accomplishments for me. I've started this blog mainly for fun, but in such a short period I've grown to really enjoy posting on it. It has allowed me to express my love for running on paper (or screen?) and spread the word. I am hoping that 2014 may bring many more posts and opportunities.

2013 has been the biggest mileage year in my short running life and I am very proud of that. On the way I've dealt with some injuries and issues, and at times that was very depressing. My running partner and loving wife Amy, has been a major support beam for me this year, and has talked me off the ledge several times. Sometimes I can get really down on myself, but she always helps me see the light. It is definitely something I have to work on and get better at.


2013 also marked my entrance into the ultrarunning scene. I've ran my first ultra this year (Bear Mountain 50K), met many wonderful people through races and social media, and entered the crazy world of #ultrachat.

I am not going to make any new year resolutions here as stuff happens and I will just get annoyed if I don't hit them. They will stay hidden away. There are some opportunities shaping up in 2014 and I am hoping at least some of them materialize. I already have 3 races on the books for 2014 with several others in the planning stages.

I like dirt!
My moto for 2014 is: More miles, no injuries and loads of fun!

Year in Review:

  • 1540 miles
  • 248 hours of running
  • 3 50Ks
  • 5 Marathons
  • 1 blog

Happy New Year All!
Go forth and run!
Cheers! Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Instagram

Copyright © Japod Runner | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Noren | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com