"I have arrived. I am home. In the here. In the now. I am solid. I am free. In the ultimate I dwell." --Thich Nhat Hanh

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Where Art Thou Japod Man?

Here we are. It is now mid-September, and I haven't published a new blog post on this site since maybe April or May. Terrible! What have I been up to? Where have I been? In one word, I have been unmotivated.




Ever since our California race and road trip, I have been on this downward spiral. Work sucked and I needed a change. I was fortunate enough to get a new job mid summer, and it is going great! That combined with usual summer laziness equaled to no posts being produced on this blog. Really pathetic, I know!

I have been thinking about how to get back into the swing of things. I have ideas in my head, but I just couldn't sit down and start writing. I promise to do a better job at that.

On the running front, things have been going great. Summer has been race free, but my training has been pretty solid, and I have upped my mileage by at least 10-15 miles per week more than at this time last year. I have been incorporating more speed and hill work into my mid-week runs as well, and I am starting to see some results.

Coming up this fall and winter I have tons of races which I am super excited for. In the next few weeks I will be doing the Sloppy Cuckoo half marathon and crewing Amy at the same time doing her 12 hour race. I will also be returning to the Blues Cruise 50K. This year it is being run in the opposite direction which should make it interesting.

So there you have it. I have been lazy, unmotivated, and MIA on this blog all summer, but now I am back. If you follow my escapades on other social media (see links above) you can see that I have been pretty active there. Never a shortage of sarcasm and useful information, so link up.

Now that my lunch break is over, I guess I better get back to work.

Go forth and run!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Instagram

Copyright © Japod Runner | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Noren | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com